Extended 20-year unit guarantee
FREE DELIVERY ON ORDERS OVER £240
Collect in as little as one hour
Free Easy Clean
Why buy a HITECH ROOFIGHT?
- Suitable for tiled pitched roofs up to 45°
- Triple Glazed 64mm thick units (6mm clear toughened – 30mm spacer – 6mm low-e toughened – 16mm spacer – 6mm low-e toughened)
- EnduroShield easy-clean surface coating technology
- 20 Year Warranty on Sealed Unit
- High Build Quality of Flat Glass Rooflight
- Choice of Sizes
- U Value: 0.74W/m³
- Features: Glazed, Argon gas insulated, impact resistant, Easy Clean glass, light transmittal
- Leak-Proof Design
- Black Ceramic Boarder
The HITECH ROOFLIGHTS range of products has been specifically designed and precisely manufactured to provide high-performance units combined with the highest levels of energy efficiency and excellent through-life operation.
Our integrated rooflights are manufactured with industrial-grade components including toughened glass to all panes, an external ceramic border and a warm-edge spacer bar ensuring premium quality. The HITECH ROOFLIGHTS also feature EnduroShield’s easy-clean surface coating technology as standard.
Premium Craftsmanship: Elevate your indoor spaces with our all glass rooflights.
Superior Thermal Efficiency: Our 6mm triple-glazed toughened safety glass has exceptional energy peorformance. Our triple-glazed rooflight boasts a U Value: 0.74W/m3. Add in the integral blind and the U Value: 0.81W/m3 ensuring your space remains energy-efficient and comfortable.
Stylish Customization: Our rooflights include a sleek Black (RAL 9005) decorative border as a standard feature, adding a chic aesthetic touch to your installation. Boarders are either ceramic or filmed.
Glass Make up: All three panes of glass are 6mm BS EN 12150 thermally toughened (6mm clear toughened / 30mm spacer / 6mm low-e toughened / 16mm spacer / 6mm low-e toughened). The standard rooflights are 95% argon gas-filled in both cavities. The integral blind units are 95% argon gas-filled in one cavity.
STEPPED & FLAT GLASS ROOFLIGHT
Our brilliant range of flat glass rooflights are manufactured in the UK, HITECH ROOFLIGHTS are here to supply you with a high-quality rooflights to transform your home!
HITECH ROOFLIGHTS have architectural elements designed to bring natural light into a building or space from above. Here are some key features and benefits of flat glass rooflights:
Natural Light: The primary purpose of a rooflight is to maximize the amount of natural light entering a building. Hitech Rooflights provide a large, unobstructed view of the sky, allowing ample daylight to flood into the space below. This helps reduce the need for artificial lighting during the day, saving energy and creating a more pleasant and comfortable environment.
Design and Aesthetics; Hitech rooflights offer a sleek and contemporary design that complements modern architectural styles. They can be installed in various locations, including residential homes, commercial buildings, and even industrial spaces, adding a touch of elegance and enhancing the overall aesthetics of the structure.
Energy Efficiency: Hitech rooflights are constructed using triple glazing, which provides excellent thermal insulation and helps prevent heat loss. They are designed with low-e glazing and 95% argon gas filled cavities, which contribute to improved energy efficiency and reduced heating and cooling costs.
Durability and Safety: Hitech rooflights are made from 6mm toughened glass, which is highly durable and resistant to impact. This ensures the safety of occupants.
Noise reduction: Hitech Rooflights incorporate sound insulation properties, reducing external noise pollution and creating a quieter indoor environment.
Easy Maintenance: Cleaning and maintaining Hitech Rooflights is relatively straight forward. All our rooflights feature Enduoroshield easy clean glass coating that helps minimize dirty and grime buildup, reducing the need for frequent cleaning
Available with or without an integrated blind we offer an industry-leading rooflight system with a sophisticated and discreet design.
Trade Account ?
We know that discount matters when maximising your profits margins on commercial projects. For that reason we have created a simple easy TRADE account. Register below to create your own trade account and receive money off your orders. TRADE accounts are only available to operating commercial businesses.
Do you have any questions? We are available over phone, email, whatsapp or face to face trade appointments.
Why should you choose rooflights for your home?
With HITECH ROOFLIGHTS, your home can get all the light it needs in one simple installation!
One way to give your home the make-over it deserves is to put rooflights in it! This way, your house has that modern look of simplicity and charm.
With bright natural light entering your home, your body’s system will have better control of its internal clock, ultimately giving you better sleep patterns and improving your overall wellbeing.
Adding a rooflight, also known as a skylight, to your home can offer several benefits that enhance both the aesthetics and functionality of your living space. Here are some reasons why you might consider adding a rooflight to your home:
1. Natural Light: Rooflights allow ample natural light to enter your home, creating a brighter and more inviting atmosphere. This can reduce the need for artificial lighting during the day, saving energy and positively impacting your mood and overall well-being.
2. Energy Efficiency: With more natural light entering your home, you’ll rely less on artificial lighting, which can help reduce your energy consumption and lower your electricity bills. Additionally, if your rooflight is properly designed and installed, it can also contribute to passive solar heating during colder months, reducing the need for artificial heating.
3. Visual Appeal: Rooflights can add a unique architectural element to your home. They provide a sense of openness and can create visually stunning focal points, especially in rooms where vertical windows might not be possible due to space constraints.
4. Health and Well-being: Exposure to natural light has been linked to improved sleep patterns, increased productivity, and enhanced mood. Having rooflights in your home can contribute to a healthier and more comfortable living environment.
5. Privacy: Rooflights can provide natural light without compromising your privacy, especially in situations where traditional windows might overlook neighboring properties.
6. Space Utilization: Rooflights can be a great way to bring light into interior spaces that are located away from external walls, such as hallways, bathrooms, or walk-in closets. This can make these areas more functional and enjoyable to use.
7. Aesthetic Design: Rooflights come in various shapes, sizes, and styles, allowing you to customize the design to match your home’s architecture and your personal aesthetic preferences.
8. Increased Property Value: A well-designed and properly installed rooflight can add value to your home by improving its overall appeal and functionality. Prospective buyers often appreciate the presence of natural light and well-thought-out architectural details.
9. Connection to Nature: Rooflights can create a visual connection to the sky and the outdoors, even if you’re in a dense urban environment. This connection to nature can have a calming and rejuvenating effect.
However, it’s important to note that adding a rooflight requires careful planning, as improper installation or design can lead to issues such as leaks, excessive heat gain, or glare. Consulting with a professional architect, designer, or contractor experienced in rooflight installation is recommended to ensure that the addition is both aesthetically pleasing and functionally effective for your specific home and needs.
Yes, exposure to natural light, including through the use of rooflights or skylights, can help regulate and improve your internal clock, also known as your circadian rhythm. Here’s how:
1. Synchronization of Circadian Rhythm: Natural light, especially sunlight, contains a full spectrum of light wavelengths, including blue light. Exposure to natural light, especially in the morning, helps regulate your body’s internal clock by signaling to your brain that it’s daytime. This helps set your circadian rhythm, which controls your sleep-wake cycle, hormone production, and various physiological processes.
2. Improved Sleep Patterns: Exposure to natural light during the day helps reinforce your body’s natural sleep-wake cycle. It helps your body produce melatonin (the hormone that promotes sleep) at the appropriate times. This can lead to better sleep quality and more regular sleep patterns, which in turn positively impacts your overall health and well-being.
3. Daytime Alertness: Exposure to natural light, particularly in the morning, can improve your alertness and cognitive performance during the day. The blue light component of natural light is particularly effective at suppressing melatonin production and promoting wakefulness.
4. Reduced Jet Lag and Shift Work Issues: For those dealing with jet lag or working night shifts, exposure to natural light at the right times can help adjust your internal clock to new time zones or shift schedules more quickly. This can minimize the disruption to your circadian rhythm and improve your ability to function in accordance with your new schedule.
5. Mood Regulation: Natural light exposure has been linked to improved mood and reduced symptoms of depression and anxiety. This is partly due to its impact on regulating the circadian rhythm and influencing the production of neurotransmitters and hormones that affect mood.
When considering rooflights for circadian rhythm regulation, it’s important to consider the positioning and size of the rooflight, as well as the type of glass used. Rooflights that allow a significant amount of natural light, especially morning light, to enter your living space can be particularly beneficial. However, excessive exposure to artificial light at night, especially blue light emitted by electronic devices, can disrupt your circadian rhythm and make it harder to fall asleep. As a result, it’s also important to limit exposure to bright screens before bedtime.
Keep in mind that individual responses to light exposure can vary, and some people may be more sensitive than others. If you have specific concerns about your sleep patterns or circadian rhythm, it’s a good idea to consult with a medical professional or sleep specialist for personalized advice.
Yes, rooflights can be aesthetically pleasing and can add a unique and attractive architectural element to a building. The aesthetics of a rooflight depend on several factors, including the design, size, placement, and the overall style of the building. Here are some ways in which rooflights can contribute to the aesthetic appeal of a space:
1. Natural Light Enhancement: Rooflights bring in ample natural light, creating a bright and inviting atmosphere that can enhance the overall visual appeal of the interior space. The interplay of natural light and shadows can add depth and dimension to the design.
2. Openness and Airiness: Rooflights can create a sense of openness and airiness in interior spaces. They visually expand the ceiling and connect the indoors with the sky, giving the impression of a larger and more spacious area.
3. Architectural Focal Point: Well-designed rooflights can serve as architectural focal points, drawing the eye upward and adding interest to a space. They can be especially striking in areas that lack traditional vertical windows, such as hallways or staircases.
4. Modern and Minimalist Design: Rooflights can fit well with modern and minimalist architectural styles, where clean lines and simplicity are emphasized. They can contribute to a sleek and contemporary aesthetic.
5. Historic and Traditional Charm: Rooflights can also be designed to complement historic or traditional architectural styles, preserving the character of the building while adding a functional and visually appealing element.
6. Customization: Rooflights come in various shapes, sizes, and designs, allowing for customization to match the specific aesthetic preferences of the homeowner or architect. This versatility ensures that rooflights can be seamlessly integrated into various design concepts.
7. Unique Views: Depending on the placement of the rooflight, it can offer unique views of the sky, stars, or surrounding environment. This can create a tranquil and visually captivating experience within the space.
8. Interior Planting: Rooflights can facilitate the growth of indoor plants, creating a green and lively atmosphere. The combination of natural light and plants adds to the aesthetic appeal of the space.
9. Privacy and Light Control: Rooflights can be designed with different types of glazing options, such as frosted glass or blinds, which offer privacy while still allowing light to filter through. This balance of light and privacy contributes to the overall aesthetic.
10. Energy Efficiency: In addition to their aesthetic appeal, energy-efficient rooflights can contribute to a more sustainable and environmentally friendly design, which is increasingly valued in modern architecture.
Ultimately, the aesthetic appeal of rooflights depends on how well they are integrated into the overall design of the building and how they interact with other architectural elements. It’s important to work with an architect or designer who can help you choose the right type, size, and placement of rooflights to achieve the desired aesthetic effect for your space.